Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No wind?

When you have a child with special needs, every day is a learning experience. I recently discovered that my son HATES wind in his hair. I'm not quite sure why I just figured this out but as I was thinking about it, it seems entirely possible that this was a new sensation. The air conditioning in my car wasn't cooling properly and since it was at least 100 degrees in my car with the windows up, I did the logical thing and opened all of the windows. The noise that came out of that child's mouth did not sound human! I looked back at him to see a look of terror on his face. He was grabbing his head with both hands while attempting to escape from his car seat. I quickly rolled up all the windows and then, rolled mine back down slowly. Then I rolled the back seat window down slowly (the one on the opposite side of where he was sitting). That's as far as I got before the noise started again. Luckily, we were close to home but my husband fixed the air this weekend. I guess we know who won't be a sky diver when he grows up!

0 comments: