Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Most of what I know about our nation's history came from fiction and diaries of notable historic figures. I don't know much about dates and the timeline as I know it is incomplete. Since I read with passion, I feel much more when I read of how America came to be. I know about important historical people and love knowing the individual's story. Jen of Cake Wrecks fame has another blog which is slightly less hilarious, more personal, and just as intelligently written called Epbot. On her 4th of July post,  she has an awesome music video that gave me goosebumps and made me even shed a tear about...The Declaration of Independence. If that American Government class I tried to take in college was taught with as much passion as this song was sung, I wouldn't have withdrawn from the class and I might actually know some dates and complete timelines. Watch it. I think the personification of our founding fathers will make impact on you, too. Take a moment to remember how much people fought to get us here.



While you are at it, check out the Epbot blog. It's worth your time.

0 comments: